Due to overwhelming response, if you’re planning to attend the May 25 LibreFest, hosted virtually in conjunction with Hope College, please register by Friday, April 30. The event is free but registration is required and can be completed here. You will also need to create an account which can be done using our simple online form.
This one-day workshop will give participants the opportunity to learn about LibreTexts in time to use it in one or more of their courses this fall. The goal of this workshop is to train people who want to use online textbooks in their own classes, and to also build a team of collaborative workshop trainers that can continue outreach efforts in the future.
May 25, 2021 LibreFest Schedule (all times ET):
- 12:00 – 12:30pm – Welcome to LibreFest
- 12:30 – 1:30pm – The Evolution of the Textbook
- 1:30 – 2:00pm – Break
- 2:00 – 2:30pm – How to use the Remixer
- 2:30 – 3:00pm – Hands-on Remixing
- 3:00 – 3:30pm – How to Build a Course Page
- 3:30 – 4:00pm – Hands-on Page Editing
- 4:00 – 4:30pm – Break
- 4:30 – 5:00pm – How to Set Up Homework for your Course
- 5:00 – 5:30pm – Hands-on Homework Setup
- 5:30 – 5:35pm – Concluding Thoughts
- 5:35 – 6:00pm – Break
- 6:00 – 8:00pm – Office Hours
Past LibreFest videos can be found on the LibreTexts YouTube Channel:
If you cannot make the meeting, the Summer LibreFest is scheduled the week of July 19th. Continue checking our blog for more information.